Cockroach Pest Control Orlando FL, Roaches & Roach Infestation Removal Service.
If you live in or around urban areas or store food in your home or business, then you are more than likely vulnerable to cockroaches. Cockroaches have been studied in detail by many entomologists, these studies have shown that cockroaches have been around for quite a longtime and have amazing a adaptive abilities that help them survive in just about any setting. Further studies have shown that cockroaches have personalities, some show bold behavior while others prefer to hide. Entomologists believe this trait in addition to many others, has allowed the cockroach to thrive and continue to adapt to ever changing environments.
Cockroach & Roach Infestations
Roaches are nasty little creatures that everyone hates and are some of the most common pests seen in homes and business. If you spot a roach somewhere in or around your property, it's likely there are many more of them nearby hiding from plain sight. For this reason, if you see a cockroach, you should call a pest control service as soon as possible. They will be able to inspect your home or office for a possible cockroach infestation. If the inspection shows that you indeed do have a roach infestation, the pest control technician will be able to provide you with options for eliminating your roach problem as well as prevention methods to keep roaches from returning.
If you are dealing with a cockroach problem, call us today: (321) 319-1364 or use our contact form to setup an appointment.
Why Are Cockroaches Considered Pests?
There are a number of reasons why cockroaches are considered pests, from the yuck factor that scares people, as well as customers, to the well known fact that cockroaches carry a number of diseases that are harmful to humans and pets.
Finding cockroaches in your place of business could give you a very bad reputation, especially if that business is a restaurant or other type of food industry. Cockroaches also carry a stigma with them as they have been associated with dirty living conditions or unclean places.
Cockroaches are harmful to your health and can cause the following illnesses:
- Dysentery - a disease caused by ingesting fecal matter, and cockroaches have no problem walking through fecal matter then crawling all over your food.
- Food poisoning - because roaches crawl around unsanitary places and consume rotten food, they will track germs across your counters, in your cabinets and eventually get into your food, thus causing food poisoning for you and pets.
- Roundworm - roundworms are parasitic organisms that live in or on roaches and are very dangerous to humans, these parasites cause illnesses like trichinosis.
- Tapeworms - also carried by roaches, a tapeworm can cause serious digestion illnesses in pets and humans.
- Viruses - roaches carry a number of harmful viruses, one as serious as polio has been found to be carried by roaches.
- Fungus - shed skin from roaches, cockroach droppings and other roach waste can cause fungi to develop which can affect the eyes and lungs. Those with breathing issues and asthma are at the most risk from fungus left by roaches.
- Allergies - cockroach saliva, skins and droppings is a leading cause of allergies for people living in urban areas.